CIVIL RIGHTS GROUPS FILE STATE LAWSUIT OVER NORTH CAROLINA REDISTRICTING FAILURES. Learn more: scsj.org/ncnaacp
The 2021 redistricting cycle has begun.
The next 10 years of representation and resources for our communities is on the line. It’s time to make sure our voices, and our demands, are heard in the drawing of our local municipal, state legislative, and Congressional districts.
The Southern Coalition for Social Justice has played a leading role in community education and grassroots mobilization around the fight for fair maps across the South, from Texas to Virginia.
This page provides resources, tips, tricks, models, and more — in English and Spanish — freely available for communities across the South engaged in redistricting organizing and advocacy.
Questions? Give us a ring at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NORTH CAROLINA RAPID RESPONSE RESOURCES
- PREPARE FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS —> scsj.org/maptoolkit OR scsj.org/mapasjustos
- FIND YOUR CLOSEST HEARING —> scsj.org/hearings
- CONTACT YOUR LAWMAKERS (we made it easy!) —> scsj.org/demandbetter
- TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENTS —> scsj.org/hearingstravel
- MONITOR LOCAL REDISTRICTING —> scsj.org/monitor
- APPLY FOR LOCAL REDISTRICTING GRANTS THROUGH SOLVE —> scsj.org/solve21